Experience the restoration of Villa Finale in progress!
For a limited time, Villa Finale is offering the opportunity to visit Walter Mathis’s home before it opens to the public in October 2010. Visitors will see the restoration in progress, and will learn technical details of the project as well as philosophical approaches from the Villa Finale staff.
This is the public’s one and only chance to see the home without its collection!
Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 11 am
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 1:30 pm
More dates will be added as the restoration progresses – please check back frequently as each tour will be different!
Price: $35 general admission (includes tax). Friends of Villa Finale, National Trust Members and full-time students with a valid I.D. receive a 10% discount
About the Tour:
- Although each tour will be different, most will last approximately 45 minutes.
- Due to the current state of the buildings and grounds, tours are limited to six persons, aged 12 or older.
- We recommend you call 72 hours in advance to make a reservation.
- As a site under construction, access to persons with disabilities may be limited; please contact Villa Finale staff for details.
- All visitors must wear a hard hat (provided at the site) and must wear closed-toed shoes. No high heels, please.
- Large bags and purses will not be allowed on the tour.
- Due to the special behind-the-scenes nature of this tour, persons arriving more than 10 minutes late cannot be added to the tour.
- Photography at the site will be limited – see tour staff for details
Call (210) 223-9800 extension 34328 to make reservations or come to the Villa Finale Visitor Center at 122 Madison during public hours.